We are one of the best consultant for 12A registration in Patna. NGo, Trust, Society, and Section 8 Company enjoys exemption under 12A Registration from tax on their surplus income over expenditure. 12A Section of Income tax gives exemption to non profit earning organisation on excess income earned over their expenditure. Non Governmental Organisation does social welfare activites, thus government grants them certain benefits. 12A Registration is one of them. Any NGO working for non profit can make application for getting income tax exemption by making an application under 12A section of Income Tax Act, 1961.
12A Registration is one time exemption give to NGOs from payment of income tax on surplus income. By surplus income, we mean whatever is left over after meeting all expenses. Many of us are aware, government has given some benefits to NGOs. And 12A exemption is one of them. A NGO can apply for getting 12A registration just after its incorporation/registration.
Documents required for 12A Registration:
- Certified copy of Trust deed, Registration Certificate, Bye Laws of NGO
- Self Attested copy of Pan Card and Aadhaar Card of Members of NGO
- Certified copy of annual reports of NGO of last 2 years
- Certified copy of Income tax return of NGO of last 2 years
- Copy of Electricity Bill and Rent Agreement of office
- Photograph of Office Building
Process to get 12A Registration
- Application has to be made alongwith all documents
- Challan has to be paid
- After acceptance of documents, on premise inspection is made
- After inspection, interview of members of NGO is conducted
- On sucessful interview, 12A registration certificate is issued`