Bihar Property Tax- The Municipal Corporation imposes property tax on real estate or property based on its value in Bihar. Individuals who own properties in the state are accountable for paying property tax to the Municipal Corporation, which is overseen by the Urban Development and Housing Department of Bihar. The amount of property tax levied on property is not the same in every state. This article examines the different elements of Bihar property tax thoroughly.
Uses of Property Tax:
Municipal Corporations in India rely heavily on property tax as a key source of revenue. Every residential, commercial, and industrial property located within the boundaries of a Municipal Corporation is subject to assessment and payment of property tax. This tax is imposed annually and must be filed on the same day each financial year by the property owner.
Individuals who meet the criteria specified by the state of Bihar are considered liable for paying property tax.
- Someone who has reached the age of 18 or older.
- Someone who resides permanently in the state of Bihar.
- Every person who possesses a property in Bihar has the obligation to pay a tax for that property.
Exemption on Property Tax:
Individuals who are not required to pay property tax according to section 136 are specifically identified as follows:
- The Devasthan Department of the State Government takes care of the land or property.
- Any location or asset utilized for communal prayer or communal function.
- Land is reserved for the purpose of dealing with the burial of the dead.
- Land dedicated by an educational institution exclusively for educational purposes.
- Real estate intended for the purpose of public parks, public libraries, or public museums.
The individual who is liable to pay property tax must first enroll their property by completing and submitting the property registration application along with the necessary documentation to the relevant Municipal Corporation authority.
When paying property tax, the individual must provide specific information regarding their property tax invoice.
The method for paying Bihar Property Tax is quite simple. Firstly, individuals or entities owning property in Bihar should check with the local government body to determine the tax rate applicable to their property. Next, they can make the payment either offline at designated tax collection centers or online through the website of the Bihar government. It is essential to keep the payment receipt for future reference and any potential disputes. Failure to pay property tax in Bihar can result in legal action, so property owners should ensure that they are up-to-date with their tax payments at all times.
To complete the payment of property taxes through the internet in Bihar, adhere to the indicated procedures provided herein.
Step 1: Kindly visit the official website The Bihar government’s Department of Urban Development and Housing.
In order to proceed, you must select the “Self Assessment and Payment of Property Tax” option from the Tax and Revenue section by clicking on the block provided.
In the second step, the screen for citizen login will appear, and the person applying must choose their municipality and input their user identification and password. Afterward, they must click the “Submit” button.
Next, carefully review the terms and conditions presented on the screen and mark the checkbox to signify your agreement to them before proceeding with filing your property tax return.
Instructed to proceed to Step 3, click on the tab that says “Click here to file self-assessment application.”
Step number six involves selecting either the choice to modify the evaluation or to keep it as is.
For change in Assessment
Choose the option of modifying the evaluation in Step 3.
In order to proceed, input your Property Number and Mobile Number, as well as the One-Time Password (OTP) that was sent to your registered mobile device.
Once your verification is confirmed, the system will offer you two choices to pick from.
- Change in Contact Details
- Change in Holding Details.
Step 4 involves selecting one of the suitable choices and then selecting the “Submit” button.
For change in Contact Details
Step 5 requires you to select the “In correspondence address details section” option located within the address details.
- Next, the individual is expected to input the necessary information into the designated areas.
- In the field where you input your correspondence address, include the address details of the property.
- Type the property number in the designated field for property number.
- Input the first line of the address into the designated field for address line 1.
- Input the second line of the address in the designated field for address line 2.
- Input the pin code in the designated pin code field.
In order to complete Step 6, the applicant must select the “Contact Details of Property Owner” section and provide the necessary information in the designated fields.
To save any updates made to your contact information, provide your phone number, cell phone number, and email address, then click the “Submit” button.
The message indicating the successful implementation of the modifications made during the Change Assessment process will appear.
For change in Holding Details
In order to proceed to the thirteenth step, choose the option called “Change in Holding Details”. This will reveal three options: Addition, Alterations, and Partial Demolish. Choose one according to your needs and click the “Submit” button.
If you have selected the option to add information to the Holding Detail, then take the following steps to make the change:
To complete Step 7, tick the box next to the extra options located in the holding details modification menu and then click the “Submit” button.
In Step 8, complete the information relating to land or building details such as:
- Choose the location of the property based on the road it is situated on, by selecting from the available options including the Principal main road, Main road, or Other Road.
- Indicate the size of the land area in square feet on which the property has been built.
- Please provide the constructed area of the property. It is anticipated that you will input the built-up area of the property.
- You should select or deselect this option based on the availability of Rain Harvesting facilities for your property.
- Choose one of the available options for connecting the property to a water source.
- By clicking the “Add” button, a new row will be automatically created by the system to record the additional construction information of a property for the present fiscal year.
- The system will calculate data based on the applicant’s selected values, but the applicant has the option to make edits.
Once you have entered the aforementioned details, select the “Next” option.
In Step 9, the system will prompt for payment, providing choices of making a payment online, offline, or in person at the ULB counter.
In Step 10, the Total payment amount can be modified by the user through the selection of the “Other Amount” option and subsequently inputting the preferred amount into the designated text box.
Once you have chosen your preferred payment method, the system will notify you that any modifications you made to the assessment have been successfully submitted. Click on the “Proceed” button to finalize the procedure.
Once you have chosen your preferred payment options, step 11 will lead you directly to the payment process.
Once payment process is done successfully, modifications will be implemented on your property information.
To make changes to holding details when partially demolishing, use the steps provided below:
- Select the Partial Demolish choices offered in the Change in Holding Details option by marking the respective box and then proceed to click on the Submit button.
- Enter the necessary information in the section designated for land or building details.
- Choose the position of the property in terms of the road it is situated on, from the available options including a predominant major road, a major road, and other roads.
- Provide the square footage of the plot or land upon which the property has been built.
- Please input the constructed area of the property, referring to the area that has been built. It is anticipated that the user provides the property’s built-up area.
- Depending on the availability of rain harvesting infrastructure for the property, you must select or deselect this option.
- Choose one option for water connection for the property based on the available facilities.
- The system will calculate data based on the information provided by the applicant. However, the applicant has the ability to manually make changes to this data.
Once you have completed providing the mentioned details, press the button labeled as “Next”.
At Step 12, you will request payment and have the choice between online payment, offline payment, or paying at the ULB counter.
In Step 13, the user has the ability to modify the sum of money that needs to be paid by utilizing the “Other Amount” choice and inputting the preferred amount into the designated text field.
Once a payment option has been chosen, the system will display a notification indicating that the modification made to the assessment has been successfully submitted.
To finish the process, press the “Proceed” button by following Step 14.
Step 15- involves being guided through the payment procedure based on the options you previously chose.
Once you have successfully submitted your payment, modifications will be made to the information related to your property.
Submit No changes in Assessment
To make changes to your holding information, follow the steps listed below.
- Choose the option of keeping the assessment as it is.
- To view your property data, type in your property number and select the Submit button. Once submitted, the system will display all previous property-related information in View mode only. It is important to note that users cannot edit any information displayed. The system will provide information on the owner’s details, address, correspondence address, contact details, land and building details, and tax calculations.
- By choosing the Other Amount selection and typing the desired value in the designated text box, the user is able to modify the overall payment sum.
- The system will require payment and offers three choices: online payment, offline payment, or payment at the ULB counter.
- Once you have chosen your preferred payment method, you will be directed to proceed with the payment process.
- Once the payment process is finished, modifications will be applied to your property information.
Make Online Payment
A set of instructions has been provided to enable online payment of property taxes.
Begin the process by filling out the necessary details in the form for either a change in assessment or no change. Opt for the online payment option under the payment mode section. Lastly, hit the “submit” button to complete the transaction.
Secondly, input the recipient’s name and phone number. The email address will be filled in automatically. Choose the bank and press the Reset button to remove all information regarding the payment.
In order to continue, click on the Pay button and then select the mode of payment you would like to use.
Step number four requires you to choose the type of card you want to use and then input both the card number and name exactly as they appear on the card.
In Step 16, provide the three-digit CVV number located at the back of the card, and choose the expiry date of the card.
process. If you wish to terminate the Payment process, simply select the option to Cancel and it will cancel the payment.
Step 17: If you intend on processing your payment, select Pay Now to continue. 16. If you decide to terminate the payment process during the final stage, simply click Cancel to cancel it.
The applicant will be notified through their mobile number and email address when their transaction is successful and payment has been received.
Offline Payment Procedure
Instructions have been provided to make payment of property taxes in person rather than through an electronic or online method.
Provide the necessary details on either the form for Change in Assessment or the form for No Change in Assessment.
Choose the Offline option from the Payment Mode selection in the first step.
In order to proceed, choose one of the available payment options: Pay by Challan at ULB, Pay By Challan at Bank, or Pay at ULB Counter. If selecting the Pay By Challan at Bank option, you will then need to select the name of the bank.
The user is provided with a list of banks in a drop-down menu from which they can choose to visit and make their payment. The specific bank that is selected is determined by the Corporation, Council, or Panchayat.
Proceed to the payment details screen by clicking on the Submit button.
The fourth step involves pressing the “Print Challan” button to obtain a physical copy of the Challan.
In step 18, the system will produce a challan on a different tab of your browser.
Step 19 involves printing out the Challan and taking it along with you to either your Corporation, Council, Panchayat or Bank in order to pay the required fee.
Step 20 involves paying by Challan at ULB. The applicant is required to pay in cash or by Cheque/DD/PO and then deposit the Cheque/DD/PO at the designated counters of Corporation/Council/Panchayat.
If the applicant chooses to pay at ULB, they must provide cash or a check/demand draft/postal order. Afterward, they are required to deposit the check/demand draft/postal order at designated counters of the Corporation/Council/Panchayat.
To complete Step 21, the physical versions of the digitally scanned documents must be handed in at the designated counters of the Corporation, Council, or Panchayat.